Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma RQF
Have you ever thought about becoming a teaching assistant in a school? Perhaps, eventually, you’d like to progress to HLTA status? The level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools is the perfect starting point for you to begin achieving these dreams.
The full RQF qualification you will receive upon successfully completing this course will allow you to progress into employment as a teaching assistant, learning support assistant and many more. Begin your journey today.
Please Note: a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
Training Course Content
- Unit 1: Understand Children’s and Young People’s Development
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Support Children’s and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 4: Engage in personal development in children & young people’s settings
- Unit 5: Support learning activities
- Unit 6: Promote children’s and young people’s positive behaviour
- Unit 7: Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 8: Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Unit 9: Support assessment for learning
- Unit 10: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 11: Schools as organisations
- Unit 12: Support children’s speech, language and communication
- Unit 13: Support disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs
- Unit 14: Support children and young people with behaviour, emotional and social development needs
Duration study load
- 250 hours
- No previous knowledge required
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Certificate of completion
As part of this work placement, you must first ensure that a member of staff with occupational competence is able to provide supervision and sign the witness testimonies, to prove you have achieved the work-based learning outcomes of this course.
A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. This workplace MUST be in a school setting. This can either be a primary, secondary or special school, however, you must also ensure that the pupils you work with are aged 5+ and are studying at Key Stage 1 or above.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Find out how distance learning works!
Start your distance course with NCC Home Learning today.
Provider: NCC Home Learning
NCC Home Learning - Flexible Distance Learning Courses for everyone - Further Your Career!
NCC Home Learning is an established and trusted international learning provider with over 20 years experience in the distance learning industry. To date, NCC Home Learning has to date engaged with over 20,000 employers, and has delivered quality training to...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!