The Complete Gardening Diploma
This information packed course will teach you the basics you need to start your own gardening company or boost your career within the gardening industry. You can turn your hobby into a successful business by completing the twenty nine modules and passing the multiple choice question test.
The modules cover everything from basic gardening to pest control, landscaping and more. The course takes approximately fifteen hours to complete and on successful completion, you will have the ability to download and print your industry recognised diploma.
When applying for a position within the gardening industry, your potential employer will be able to confirm your certification online. During your studies you will enjoy the convenience of studying at your own pace with no set schedule and from anywhere using any device, as long as you have a connection to the internet to access the modules.
The modules included in this Garden Design and Maintenance Diploma are brimming with information to help you jumpstart your gardening career and turn your hobby and passion into a money-making opportunity.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Garden Design & Maintenance Diploma
- Module 1: Gardening Basics
- Module 2 : Garden Design Process
- Module 3 : Garden Design Styles
- Module 4 : Survey, Site Appraisal & Measuring Techniques
- Module 5 : Planning Your Projects
- Module 6 : Proportion Illusions & Effective Use of Space
- Module 7 : Drawing a Plan & Graphics Skills
- Module 8 : Surface & Materials / Hard Landscaping
- Module 9 : Secrets of Great Soil
- Module 10 : Plant Selection & Care
- Module 11 : Plant Knowledge
- Module 12 : Low Maintenance Gardens/Planting
- Module 13 : Sustainability
- Module 14 : Garden Maintenance
- Module 15 : Equipment
- Module 16 : Pest Control
- Module 17 : Solutions to Difficult Gardens
- Module 18 : Vegetable and Herb Gardens
- Module 19 : Running your own Gardening Business
- Module 20: Marketing and Social Media
- Module 21: Health and Safety
- Module 22: Insurance, Tax, VAT and Record Keeping
- Module 23: How to Build Raised Flower Beds
- Module 24: How to Lay a Patio
- Module 25: Decking
- Module 26: How to Put Up Garden Fencing
- Module 27: How to Turf a Garden and Lay a Lawn
- Module 28: How to Lay Artificial Grass Areas
- Module 29: How to Build a Garden Pond
Zen Gardening Certificate
- Module 1: Introduction to Zen Gardening
- Module 2: Elements in a Zen Garden
- Module 3: Creating Your Zen Garden
- Module 4: Water Features in a Zen Garden
- Module 5: Caring for Your Zen Garden
Urban Gardening Certificate
- Module 1: Introduction to Urban Gardens
- Module 2: Choosing Plants for your Urban Garden
- Module 3: Planting and Maintaining an Urban Garden
- Module 4: Caring for and Getting More Out of an Urban Garden
- Module 5: Beyond the Urban Garden
New Skills Academy
Welcome to New Skills Academy – Part of the Be-a Education Family In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online...
New Skills Academy
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!