The Complete Microsoft Excel Course
One of the most widely used programs in the world for visualising and analysing data is Microsoft Excel. This software is used in almost every industry, not to mention for personal use in households around the world. Small business owners rely on Excel to track hours, finances and invoices and large corporations rely on Excel for data analysis, to visualise data and innumerable other tasks.
Whether you are brand new to the world of Excel or you have training and knowledge of the software and are looking to improve your skills, this series of courses can help. By the time you finish the beginner, intermediate and advanced courses, you, too, will be an expert in Excel.
Since the lessons in this course are only a few minutes each, it makes it very convenient to stop and start when necessary. This helps to study when you have time, even if you have less than 10 minutes or 15 minutes.
There is no time limit or deadline to complete the courses.
Please Note: This course uses the Windows version of Microsoft Office 2016. Any other versions will have some differences in the functions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you will learn
Some of the concepts that you will learn in the MS Excel Advance Course include the following:
- VLOOKUP Advanced formula options and manipulations
- Other advanced functions including OR, AND, CHOOSE, INDIRECT, REPLACE, LEN, LEFT, FIND
- Functions including CEILING, CORREL, DATEDIF, DATEVALUE, DAVERAGE and EDATE
- Colouring a column and row with a formula
- Highlighting a cell with a formula
- Functions including ISODD, ISNUMBER, ISTEXT, ISLOGICAL, ISNONTEXT, ISERR and ISBLANK
- Functions including DGET, DMAX, DPRODUCT, DCOUNTA, DCOUNT and DSUM
- How to calculate depreciation in Excel, including SLN depreciation and SYD depreciation
- Calculating loan IPMT and EMI
- Functions including DATEDIF, DATEVALUE, EDATE, EOMONTH, MATCH and INDEX
- Full explanation of the INDEX and MATCH functions, covering several modules
- Looking up data
- Selecting only cells containing comments
- Hiding formulas
- Automatically inserting serial numbers
On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
- Microsoft Excel for Beginners Certificate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Certificate
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
New Skills Academy
Welcome to New Skills Academy – Part of the Be-a Education Family In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online...
New Skills Academy
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!