The course will comprise of three modules; word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, using current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The course will be at a higher level than the ITQ Entry Level and Level 1 courses. It will begin with Word, then PowerPoint and finally Excel. Approximately equal time will be spent on each module, with slightly more time being spent on the Excel module, but this is subject to change and depends on student skills.
- Using, recapping and expanding skills learned on the ITQ Level 1 course, including formatting, cut and paste, drag and drop
- Editing and grouping graphics
- Using headers & footers, inserting auto fields e.g. page numbers
- Creating a custom template
- Creating custom styles
- Working with tables, editing rows and columns
- Creating a master mailmerge document and link to Excel spreadsheet to mailmerge.
- Using, recapping and expanding skills learned on the ITQ Level 1 course, including creating presentations, formatting, inserting and resizing images
- Creating presentations, adding and editing slides
- Editing the master slide and master styles
- Inserting, editing and resizing graphics
- Adding and editing transitions and animations.
- Using, recapping and expanding skills learned on the ITQ Level 1 course, including formatting, fill, basic formulas
- Creating, using and editing formulas
- Using Relative Reference, Absolute Reference and Mixed Reference
- Using various functions such as; IF, VLOOKUP, SUMIF
- Understanding and using arguments within a Function
- Using headers and footers and inserting automatic fields.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Competence with basic computing skills, including file management, is essential. It is also essential that learners are competent with basic skills in each module; Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Successful completion of the ITQ Level 1 course is required, as this course is based on that, but to a higher level. A commitment to practice in between lessons is also required. Basic English written and speaking skills and maths skills required and manual dexterity with a mouse and keyboard.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
North Hertfordshire College Apprenticeships
Hart Learning & Development, part of the Hart Learning Group along with North Hertfordshire College, is a progressive L & D business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent. We start with our...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!