This two year part-time qualification gives learners the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as a therapeutic counsellor in an agency context.
It is designed to lead to an employed or voluntary role in a counselling agency in both health care and non-medical settings. Learners with sufficient experience can also begin working as independent practitioners in private practice. You must complete a minimum of 100 hours of supervised practice as a trainee counsellor and will be encouraged to complete as much personal therapy as possible during the course. Topics include:
- Working ethically, safely and professionally as a counsellor
- Working within a counselling relationship
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling
- Working with client diversity in counselling work
- Working with self-awareness in the counselling process
- Working within a coherent framework of counselling theory and skills
- Working self-reflectively as a counsellor
Suitability - Who should attend?
You must have obtained both our Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and our Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, or their equivalent.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
North Hertfordshire College Apprenticeships
Hart Learning & Development, part of the Hart Learning Group along with North Hertfordshire College, is a progressive L & D business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent. We start with our...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!