Photoshop for Beginners
Lessons will involve projects editing and enhancing images. Homework is expected and feedback will be given on assignments. Topics and techniques covered include:
- Setting up a file
- Adding guides and measurements
- Understanding the interface
- Understanding the tools
- Understanding editing non-destructively
- Cropping, rotating and resizing photos
- Improving brightness, contrast and colour
- Understanding and using layers
- Using a variety of selection tools
- Using adjustment layers
- Removing blemishes and unwanted objects
- Adding objects to photos and resize them
- Changing the sky or background
- Adding text to photos and using text styles and effects
- Using and understanding the benefits of layer masks
- Repairing and restoring old or damaged photos
- Hand colouring old black and white photos
- Saving file formats for print and sharing
Suitability - Who should attend?
What You'll Need to Join:
- Working knowledge of the Mac (as we are learning in a Mac suite).
- Access to Photoshop 2019 CC. Keyboard and mouse skills.
- A keen interest and a willingness and commitment to practice between lessons.
- No previous Photoshop knowledge is required.
- Many (but not all) of the techniques used will be achievable in older versions of Photoshop, but a current subscription is advised.
What You Can Do Next:
- Adobe Photoshop for Improvers
- Adobe Illustrator for Beginners (Course profile coming soon)
- Adobe InDesign for Beginners (Course profile coming soon)
- Digital Photography for Beginners
- Digital Photography for Improvers
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Discover new possibilities and options you never thought were there. Your path to university, a job or an apprenticeship. Secure your place at NHC today and apply for a course starting in September.
North Hertfordshire College
At North Hertfordshire College, we offer a broad range of part time courses for adult learners. Whether it’s to enhance your career or learn a new hobby, we’ve got something for you. If you want to advance in your current...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled