Advanced Construction Technology
The course introduces you to the technological environments in which the construction industry operates.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define and explain construction systems and methods
- Identify opportunities for the rationalisation of construction systems and production methods
- Explore the relationship between construction projects and the environment, including the integration of environmental protection in the planning, implementation and life cycle of the construction product.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: You should have relevant professional experience and/or an undergraduate qualification in a related subject.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD certificate or credit.
Training Course Content
The course will include the following subjects:
- Contemporary applications of structural systems
- The influences of design, production, quality, cost and schedule
- Optimisation of prefabrication in the construction industry
- Evaluation of the current use of materials
- The application of specialist construction techniques within national, European and international environments
- Technology and its co-ordination within projects
- The development and application of construction equipment and automation
- Conservation and refurbishment of buildings
- Environmental protection and infrastructure
- Establishment and control of the internal building environment
- Quality assurance and the management of quality systems in a technological context.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Advanced Construction Technology course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!