Advanced Structural Analysis
This course gives you an introduction to specialist topics including the stiffness method and plastic, plate and dynamic structural analysis.
The course will provide you with the necessary tools for carrying out refined structural analysis.
You will develop the ability to apply engineering concepts and mathematical knowledge to modelling structural systems, and better understand the behaviour and performance of more complex structural systems.
You will also develop the skills to use structural analysis software for solving problems.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- integrate your knowledge of mathematics, science, IT, design and engineering practice to solve a range of problems, some of a complex nature
- assess the capabilities and limitations of computer-based methods for solving problems
- generate innovative design for systems, components or processes to fulfil new needs
- evaluate new and emerging technologies.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Training Course Content
This course will include:
- kinematic and static indeterminacy of framed structures
- linear elastic behaviour
- matrix structural analysis
- plastic analysis
- critical loads and buckling modes
- the calculation of natural frequencies and their response to harmonic and transient loads
- the elastic solution of plates using analytical and numerical methods
- the plastic solution of plates using yield line theory.
The cost of this programme is £895 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Advanced Structural Analysis course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!