Analysis and Design of Surface Structures
This course engages you with the principles, analysis and design aspects of surface structure systems such as roads, airfields, ports, concrete hard standing and industrial ground floors.
The course covers the fundamental scientific and engineering principles of surface structure engineering. You'll appraise the conflicting theories that underpin the application of design techniques, and make judgements about how to apply design codes.
You'll also evaluate alternative design strategies, and learn how to select an appropriate strategy in accordance with requirements. Case studies will feature prominently in this course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: You should have relevant professional experience and/or an undergraduate qualification in a related subject.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- integrate mathematics, science, IT, design and engineering practice in the analysis and design of surface structures
- assess the capabilities and limitation of computer-based methods
- evaluate new and emerging technologies.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Training Course Content
This course will include:
- the fundamentals of surface structures analysis and design
- the prediction and analysis of loading
- the analysis of surface structure and material properties
- pavement foundation design
- highways, port and airfield pavement design
- industrial ground floor design.
The cost of this Analysis and Design of Surface Structures course is £895 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Analysis and Design of Surface Structures course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!