Art Portfolio for 15 - 17 Year Olds
This is a very practical course which gives you the opportunity to experiment with both 2D and 3D art and design techniques.
It’s the perfect way to build your portfolio if you do not have an art and design foundation and are thinking about further studies.
During this course you will:
- Learn how to demonstrate your approach to idea generation and research skills
- Take part in both group discussions and one-to-one tutorials
- Be encouraged to practice new techniques and ways of working
- Complete a variety of short projects in art, drawing, painting, sculpture, graphics and product design.
What will you gain?
- By the end of the course you will have a strong set of visuals. You will be able to demonstrate your ideas and research skills, and feel confident in discussing and presenting your work.
- "I enjoyed the feeling of being at uni, the independence and the amount of work we produced." EM, Summer 2016
- "Final projects were really interesting and loads of fun to use different skills and materials." EA, Summer 2016
- "Really, really good. I've learnt what to expect from art school." EB, Summer 2016
- "Very enjoyable week - I recommend staying in the accommodation." LK, Summer 2016
Doing your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award?
This course can count as your Gold DofE Residential.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Level: Open to all
Entry requirement: You should have an enthusiasm for drawing and painting and an interest in developing your creative and technical skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of Attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Average rating 5Based on 6 reviews
Find out more about this Art Portfolio for 15 - 17 Year Olds course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!