The aim of this course is to explore the business case and technological concepts for using collaborative working and its associated information and communication technologies (ICTs) on construction projects.
Strongly supported by case studies from the construction industry, it's anticipated that you'll be stimulated and motivated to undertake further research into relevant topics.
The course will primarily focus on collaborative working technologies and standard procedures (BS1192: 2007) and includes demonstrations and on-the-job learning of collaborative working environments.
The key aim is for you to understand and use the benefits provided by collaborative working on your projects.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Training Course Content
The course will include:
- history and background to collaborative working
- standards and collaborative procedures
- collaborative working technologies
- business implication of collaborative working – including risk analysis.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- analyse and evaluate the fundamental concepts, principles and theories associated with collaborative working and the associated ICTs, Standards and processes
- develop a systematic understanding and analysis of the relationships between ICTs, business processes, and employees’ skills in the design and implementation of collaborative working
- identify, critically analyse and appraise the implications for projects and businesses of using collaborative working on projects
- analyse, evaluate and resolve problems on construction projects using collaborative working standards and ICTs
- communicate effectively in oral, written and graphical formats incorporating relevant information.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Collaborative Working course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!