Construction and Planning
The course introduces you to the professional and technical subjects within the field of real estate.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Training Course Content
The course will introduce you to building technology concepts and terminology, specifically with regard to traditional domestic and low rise multi-storey construction.
You'll also learn about the principles of investment, investment characteristics and investment valuation techniques, and the key aspects of land use and the Town and Country Planning system.
This course will include:
- Traditional building techniques (including foundations, wall construction, floor systems, roof systems, fenestration)
- an overview of building services
- non-traditional construction techniques
- alternative forms of investment and the concept of yield
- the basic techniques of real estate valuation
- an introduction to the mathematics of valuation and investment mathematics, formulae and tables
- the purpose, nature and application of national and international property valuation standards.
- forces of urban change, the planning framework, urban planning policy land use systems.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- generate new ideas, innovations or solutions to problems
- communicate information, ideas and concepts in an articulate fashion
- work constructively and cooperatively in teams
- apply ethical and professional values to situations.
The cost of this Construction and Planning training programme is £895 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Construction and Planning course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!