Contemporary Themes in Structural Engineering - Professional Course
This course evaluates some contemporary themes in structural engineering including railway track systems, earthquake engineering, structural forms and structural optimisation.
The course aims to:
- Provide advanced understanding of highly specialised areas within structural engineering such as track systems and structural forms
- Optimise the design of structures using seismic analysis
- Develop the skills to select and use relevant computer programs for solving problems related to specialised topics in structural engineering
- Develop skills to apply various design codes and an ability to establish and evaluate them critically.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Comprehensively explain and critique engineering principles applied across a wide range of applications in structural engineering
- Produce computer based models to systematically assess wide range of contemporary structural engineering problems and challenges and be aware of their limitations
- Appraise the design process across a range of themes and adapt techniques and novel solutions to a wide range of applications
- Constructively evaluate and endeavour to improve health and safety issues as they relate to structural engineering and to construction practice
- Explain and debate with technical and policy based evidence, complex sustainability and environmental issues related to structural engineering and develop strategies and procedures which take them into account.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a PGDip or MSc award.
The cost of this training programme is £895 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Contemporary Themes in Structural Engineering course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!