Creating Promotional Videos
Promoting your business using short videos has become an important and cost-effective marketing strategy used by sole traders and companies alike.
Similarly, training videos produced in-house can be an excellent means to up-skill your staff or cover vital health and safety information.
With the increasing availability of Apple Mac laptops and high-resolution cameras built into mobile phones, the tools needed to create top quality videos are already at hand.
So, all that you now need are the skills to develop and produce your videos to a professional level.
This Mac-based course is for marketers or small business owners who want to create effective short videos for little or no cost.
You might want to create a ‘How to…’ video for YouTube, a short advert for social media or an interview for your website.
Whatever your need, having the skills to create something that is unique and impressive is essential.
Training Course Content
The course follows this structure:
Day One: DEVELOPMENT AND SCRIPTING
Working out the purpose, form and audience of your intended promotional video.
- Will it be a company advert?
- Will it be a technical informer?
- What style will it be?
- Who are you trying to reach?
Day Two: PRODUCTION
The planning and preparation needed to obtain the assets to create your video.
- Where will it be filmed?
- How will it be filmed?
- Who will film it?
- What things will you need?
- Will it need actors or voice-overs?
- What will it cost?
Effective planning is key to a successful shoot.
Location scouting, shot lists, storyboards, rehearsals, timings, schedules are some of the things explored to ensure that you are fully prepared to get every shot you need.
Day Three: POST PRODUCTION
- Splicing together the sound and vision to create your finished promotional video.
- What shot goes in the edit?
- How does a voice-over match up?
- Does it need music?
- How do I get it ready for Facebook or YouTube?
This will be a hands-on workshop using readily available software to complete and output your video ready for posting wherever you wish to promote it.
On this course you will:
- develop and visualise ideas
- learn the language of shooting, including framing, angles and camera movement
- write scripts and create storyboards and shot lists
- complete pre-production procedures for being on location
- learn how to capture images on phone cameras
- editing using iMovie
- adding voice-overs, sound effects and music
- render for web or display.
What will I gain?
By the end of the course you’ll understand all the stages of the production process, and have a finished video ready to share with your audience.
You’ll also have the knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to keep making short videos well beyond the course.
Nottingham Trent University
One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offers beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand their skills and knowledge by attending a short course from their impressive programme. The courses are an ideal...
Find out more about this Creating Promotional Videos course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!