Creative Writing for BeginnersNottingham Trent University
Creative Writing for Beginners
“I write because I have secrets no-one else knows.” Tony Jordan
The aim of the course is to enable both the beginner and the more experienced writer to work on developing their writing skills in a variety of different areas, including poetry, short story writing, flash fiction, playwriting and writing a full-length novel.
Throughout the course you will be offered advice and feedback on your work, to help your writing develop and progress in a supportive workshop environment.
Varied exercises and stimuli will be used to aid the creative process and exploration of your writing skills, offering new insights and inventive approaches for your individual projects.
During this course you will:
- learn how to get started and find inspiration
- create a sense of place for your writing and your characters
- develop the hook that will get readers to read on
- understand the different working styles for different writing projects
- use poetry as a way in to further creative writing
- learn about the importance of a well-constructed synopsis
- learn that the end is just the beginning, and how to redraft and refine your work.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you will have a variety of writing projects in development, and a network of fellow writers and potential collaborators with whom you can progress your work further.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Creative Writing for Beginners course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!