Digital T-Shirt Design and Promotion
So, you have a great idea for a t-shirt print range - but how do you get those ideas digitised and printed?
This Mac-based course is about the art and business of t-shirt design.
You’ll learn how to experiment with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create innovative digital t-shirt graphics and patterns, whilst also learning how to present and promote your designs.
Whether you’re at the beginning of your t-shirt print design career or looking to develop and enhance your skills further, this course will demonstrate how CAD can bring your designs to life.
Whilst no software experience is required, you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions.
The course will give you the opportunity to develop your own brief based on your area of interest and personal style.
During the course you will:
- learn about different prints and pattern repeats
- explore layout, images and fonts
- find inspiration from online resources (and understand copyright)
- digitise hand-drawn images
- learn about composition, scale and placement
- create unique colour palettes using digital images
- experiment with software drawing and painting tools
- visualise your designs on photographic forms
- investigate different printing techniques, their suitability to your designs and their costs
- research current trends, and learn how designers are thinking about the future of t-shirt design.
You will be introduced to techniques through group demonstrations and benefit from one-to-one tutorials.
What will I gain?
By the end of the course, you’ll have gained an understanding of how design software can be used to digitally reproduce your designs for commercial use.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Digital T-Shirt Design and Promotion course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!