Interior Design for BeginnersNottingham Trent University
Interior Design for Beginners
This is a very practical course delivered via informal lectures and interesting, creative projects.
This course is ideal if you're looking to build a portfolio of design work or considering interior design as a future career, or simply interested in re-designing your own home.
It'll give you an insight into the world of interior design and inspire you with the confidence to present your own interior design schemes.
On this course you will:
- learn how to develop and use your creativity with special attention given to light, colour, form, texture and how these key elements can define a space
- explore decorative schemes with the use of wallpaper, upholstery, window treatments and accessories
- gain experience of undertaking an interior design scheme and an understanding of its application in the domestic, residential and commercial sectors
- gain an understanding of scale through the application of colour and the use of furniture and furnishings
- be introduced to the methods and technique used to complete a project, whether this is for your own home or for a client.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you'll have created a finished interior design project and developed a good understanding of the profession, enabling you to pursue your chosen career or pathway.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: No design or drawing experience is required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Interior Design for Beginners course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!