Introduction to Construction Technology, Measurement and Cost
This course aims to develop your understanding of measurement principles and your ability to apply measurement skills.
It also aims to develop your understanding of how construction costs occur and your ability to prepare cost estimates.
Additionally, you'll develop a critical awareness of the different approaches of measurement associated with different types of cost management strategy.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Training Course Content
This course will include:
- the purpose, benefit, structure and use of the Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works
- elements of building work
- tender documents
- pricing methods
- cost management strategies.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- apply theoretical and technical knowledge to produce a measurement solution for construction works
- demonstrate a critical understanding of the conventions of the Standard Method of Measurement
- accurately cost construction works, demonstrating a critical understanding of the various techniques and approaches commonly used by professional surveyors.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Introduction to Construction Technology, Measurement and Cost course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!