This course is aimed at someone who has an interest and basic skills in photography and wants to develop the skills and knowledge required for news photography.
The course is designed for an enthusiastic amateur photographer, or a professional with limited photography experience.
It’s a unique opportunity to take your skills in a different direction.
This course begins with a brief history of photojournalism - how it all began and the iconic images through time.
This will then be followed by a variety of technical workshops, lectures and practical assignments (including a free day to work on your project independently).
On this course you will:
- visit city locations to undertake photoshoots
- explore the principles and practices of photography
- enhance your communication skills (verbal, written and photographic) to achieve journalistic endeavour
- equip yourself with the skills required to produce images of publishable quality that meet industry standards
- build confidence to speak with the public to create the desired images
- learn how to write clear and accurate captions and news stories
- be able to offer constructive critique to peers, and reflect on your own learning journey.
You will also be introduced to the principles of basic photographic law to protect you in the field.
What will I gain?
You will leave this course with the knowledge of what makes a good news image, and how the industry works.
You’ll also have new technical skills and the beginnings of a professional-looking portfolio which showcases photo editing using Adobe Lightroom and Spark.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No entry requirements
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Introduction to Photojournalism course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!