Lean construction is increasingly demanded by public sector clients (and a growing number of commercial clients) who are seeking improved performance from the construction industry.
This doesn't only mean better quality and reliability in construction cost and time, but also improvements in the whole construction experience.
This course will therefore introduce you to the concept of Lean thinking and how it can deliver these improvements.
Using project simulations and real life examples you'll be introduced to new thinking and key principles of Lean construction.
The course contains a wide variety of material that will equip you with the basic skills and knowledge to implement Lean thinking within your projects and organisation.
Appropriate tools and techniques will be introduced and their uses illustrated.
This course will include:
- an overview of the history of Lean thinking (and the differences between manufacturing and construction)
- the theory of production and Lean construction
- the importance of value, the customer and a new mind set
- an introduction to The Last Planner® System
- Lean design and design management
- Lean commercial management and the Lean office
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- develop a collaborative approach to project planning
- select appropriate Lean tools and techniques
- communicate and present your ideas effectively
- manage time and resources efficiently.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a postgraduate award.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Lean Construction course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!