Magazine Design for 15 - 17 Year Olds
This unique one-week course focuses on the creative side of magazine design and production.
You’ll be given the opportunity to explore ideas, photography, storytelling, marketing and art direction.
You’ll generate your own eight-page magazine about a subject that matters to you, complete with individual photography, writing and design.
On this course you will:
- generate ideas around what is at the heart of a magazine and what it aims to do
- research your competitors and target audience, and look at how you can make your magazine stand out from what already exists
- consider editorial narrative, tone of voice, layout and structure
- discuss the brand, looking at design, style and printing techniques that can make a magazine unique
- discuss the potential exposure and stockists of the magazine, through events, social media and a network
- generate photographic and written content around your ideas.
No previous design or software experience is required for this course.
Good ideas and a willingness to collaborate are more important.
The course will combine lectures and workshops with photography and software sessions.
What will I gain?
In addition to an excellent knowledge of the magazine design and print industry, you’ll leave the course with your own eight-page printed magazine and the InDesign files to go on and create more issues.
The magazine, images and articles will also become valuable pieces to add to a portfolio.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Doing your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award?
This course can count as your Gold DofE Residential.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Magazine Design for 15 - 17 Year Olds course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!