Photoshop for Beginners
This course is suitable for anyone who’s new to Adobe Photoshop who wishes to apply the software to either artistic pursuits or professional projects.
Photoshop is the standard piece of kit for designers, image-makers and photographers.
On this course you will:
- be introduced to the functions of Photoshop that are relevant to beginners
- learn how to work in a non-destructive way
- create and edit images efficiently so that their impact is maximised
- explore the software for different print and screen outputs
- build your skills through practical projects.
As the course progresses (and depending on your interests) you may also look at advanced skills such as:
- using channels to refine edges and work with masks
- explore the brush tool, creating custom brushes and applying brush dynamics to get realistic results
- understand the adjustment layers like curves, brightness and contrast.
What will you gain?
Once you’ve mastered the basics of Photoshop you’ll be able to take your work to amazing new levels.
"The tutor was fantastic. I learnt a lot, and I'm inspired to continue learning after the course." (JT)
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirement: Whilst no software experience is required, you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Photoshop for Beginners course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!