Planning and Managing Construction Work
This course from Nottingham Trent University is an introduction to the project environments that the construction industry operates within. With the help of this course, you will be ready to effectively plan, organise and define a construction project, including the topics of resource management and logistics.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Appraise and apply project management methodologies
- Appraise the use of information technology to solve complex problems
- Review resources in construction projects, and propose effective solutions to resource issues
- Demonstrate a systematic knowledge and critical understanding of building information modelling.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Successful completion can also contribute 15 credits towards a PGDip or MSc award.
Training Course Content
- Project management
- Planning techniques, such as critical path methodology, line of balance and critical chain analysis
- Cost and risk management
- IT for project planning and risk management, including building information modelling
- Project implementation: start-up, constructability, strategies and mechanisation
- Capacity, logistics, production and productivity
- Purchasing and supply
- The management of construction resources.
The cost of this course is £895 per delegate, which includes access to online notes and videos.
Training for Businesses
NTU also works with organisations across the world to provide:
- In-company training
- Professional development
- Bespoke postgraduate programmes
- Bespoke professional qualifications
- Short courses
- Executive development.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Planning and Managing Construction Work course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!