Product Design for 15 - 17 Year Olds
This course is a series of practical workshops that'll introduce you to product design and innovation, from idea to manufacture.
You'll develop your design and interpersonal skills and consider new ways of thinking and better team building – essential tools for successful product design.
Several small projects will be completed as individuals and in teams throughout the week, developing your skills as a designer in a variety of different fields.
On this course you will:
- explore how to develop your innovation skills and provide solutions to design problems
- investigate how to create new concepts that appeal to audiences that might have differing needs and abilities
- undertake quick and practical workshops in sketching and presentation techniques
- identify ways in which new products can best be positioned in the busy market place, and how you can develop an effective branding and marketing strategy
- model development using everyday materials to convey simple design ideas
- build team spirit and refresh your creative thinking skills.
The course will include the following key activities:
- sketching and rendering
- CAD design and model making
- design and manufacture using obscure materials
- presentation techniques
- design futures (conceptual design and future design technologies)
- design theory, design analysis and deconstruction, and real world applications
- design processes and product analysis.
What will you gain?
This course is ideal if you plan on becoming a product designer in the future.
It's ideal if you are interested in working on projects that will strengthen your portfolio and which demonstrates new approaches in your work.
The ideal attendee will be ideas and solution-driven, open to new ways of working, thinking and able to work with others in a positive way.
"I enjoyed the variety of projects, the freedom to be creative and the sessions on drawing." RB, Summer 2016
"I enjoyed that we could be so hands-on and creative. All of the sessions were well organised and very fun." CS, Summer 2016
"I enjoyed making things out of weird materials." SP, Summer 2016
Suitability - Who should attend?
Level: Open to all
Entry requirement: You should have an enthusiasm for design, making and materials, and an interest in developing your creative and technical skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of attendance.
Doing your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award?
This course can count as your Gold DofE Residential.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this Product Design for 15 - 17 Year Olds course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!