Sustainable Transport Planning and Engineering - Professional Short Course
This course will broaden your understanding of the wider urban environment through an introduction to transport planning, traffic engineering and highway engineering, set within the context of sustainable development.
The courses aims to provide a sound background to the decision-making processes involved in, and the design and implementation of, major transport infrastructure schemes.
It will cover policy, standards, codes of practice and design and assessment methodologies for a range of transport infrastructure projects.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- critically review key transport planning policies and their relationship to wider social policy
- evaluate key traffic and highway engineering design principles and methods
- review key legislation and environmental policies concerning transport infrastructure
- investigate approaches to apply engineering knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of
- integrating different modes of transport and make travel safer, greener and more efficient
- analyse different perspectives on transport and their underlying assumptions, as well as assessing future transport demand and its impacts
- analyse key opportunities and issues concerning infrastructure for sustainable environments
- apply a range of methods of collecting, analysing and presenting transport data
- model the impacts of a range of interventions and design and implement objective-led strategies.
- conceptualise and design appropriate transport infrastructure and determine whether designs are fit for purpose
- deliver integrated transport solutions
- analyse the complex nature of the environment-transport interface, assess the environmental
- impacts of specific transport schemes and propose effective solutions which align with other policies
- make informed judgements regarding the suitability of proposed infrastructure projects and be able to critically evaluate alternative designs.
The cost of this training programme is £875 per delegate.
Nottingham Trent University Creative, Language and Built Environment Short Courses One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) provides beginners, improvers and professionals the opportunity to expand skills and knowledge by attending a short...
Find out more about this Sustainable Transport Planning and Engineering course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!