This course is aimed at anyone who is enthusiastic about photography and the outdoors who wants to get up close to nature and wildlife.
You'll be learning to photograph a wide range of wildlife in a range of natural habitats.
This is one of the few wildlife photography short courses offered by a university in the UK, and with a wide range of habitats to explore around Nottingham there will be plenty of opportunities to capture some amazing moments with your camera.
There will plenty of mistakes and missed opportunities, but all part of what will be a fun and valuable experience.
On this course you will:
- learn a range of natural history photography techniques and how to master the perfect shot
- attend short lectures on different natural history subjects to help support your photography
- discuss and put into practice macro, landscape and long lens photography (particularly getting sharp shots of birds in flight)
- be involved in practical workshops in the green spaces close to our studios
- go on day trips further afield to explore habitats and see larger animals
- learn the advantages of shooting in RAW, the exposure triangle and how to shoot in 'manual'
- get to edit the images you take on Affinity Photo, and get to grips with post-production and cataloguing images in Lightroom
- undertake group critiques and learn how to understand your camera.
What will I gain?
When you leave the course you'll have a unique understanding of wildlife photography and its demands as well as rewards.
This course is ideal if you're building a portfolio for future employment or studies in wildlife and photography, or else is perfect for amateurs and professionals who are new to the subject.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No entry requirements
Nottingham Trent University
One of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offers professionals the opportunity to expand their knowledge and progress in their chosen career with a range of postgraduate and short professional courses. NTU's industry-focused training courses includes:...
Find out more about this Wildlife Photography course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!