Pharmaceutical Microbiology - QP ModuleNSF International, Pharmaceutical Services
Pharmaceutical Microbiology - QP Module
A highly interactive four-and-a-half-day pharmaceutical microbiology training course designed to provide the aspiring Qualified Person and pharmaceutical quality professionals with the knowledge and understanding they need to be able to assess microbiological risks in the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, to assist in the design and implementation of comprehensive microbiological control strategies and to take informed decisions when microbiological problems occur.
If you choose our virtual learning option, training will be delivered via a combination of an instructor-led virtual classroom and self-paced learning online. Full details will be sent to you following registration.
*All of NSF's pharmaceutical training courses can be brought on-site, tailored to your key concerns and delivered at a time that suits you.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Aspiring Qualified Person
- Our training is generally considered as the best available and our QPs are held in high regard within the industry.
- As well as being accepted in the UK, our training courses are well known and accepted by several other EU countries, including Ireland, The Netherlands, Austria, Hungary and Malta.
- You are more likely to become a QP with us than with any other training provider!
The Pharmaceutical Technical Professional
- Not all the people attending these courses intend to become QPs. Many use the training to develop as technical managers within other areas of pharmaceutical manufacture and control.
- Many industry professionals from a range of disciplines attend the courses as part of their Continuing Professional Development. Taken with some of our other QP modules, this course is designed to lead to Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and MSc qualifications.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Key Learning Objectives
On completion of this course participants will know and understand:
- The basic characteristics of all microorganisms found in your premises – how they get there and how you can remove them
- How to sample, isolate and identify these organisms
- How to prevent contamination of your products and processes using risk management and assessment tools and techniques
- The interpretation of data
- QP decision making
- How to satisfy the regulator and protect your patient
- Micro methods
- Microorganisms and your products, procedures and plants
Training Course Content
Microorganisms: Understanding your ‘Enemy’!
- The physiology and key characteristics of microorganisms
- Routes of contamination
Microbiological Methods: ‘How to’ Guidance on…
- Isolation and enumeration (counting)
- Identification: How and when to identify microorganisms
- Tests for sterility and preservative efficacy
- Process analytical technology (PAT)
- Rapid (non-culturable) methods
- The microbiology laboratory: Good laboratory practice
- Monitoring methods
Microorganisms: Your Products, Procedures & Plants
- Raw materials
- Contamination control strategies
- Microbiological aspects of good plant and process design
- How to use media fills to assess the vulnerability of your process to contamination
- How to use risk assessment and hazard analysis to identify and remove contamination risks
Microorganisms: How to Remove Them!
- Good sanitization practices
- The kinetics of sterilization
- Antibiotics: How they work and how you test them
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- How to interpret microbiological data and trends
- How to identify the root cause of contamination incidents
- How to use risk assessment techniques to assess the impact of ‘failures’ on product quality and patient safety
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Multiple participant discounts available. Discounts also offered to NHS staff, regulators and charities.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
NSF International provides a comprehensive range of independent, third-party pharmaceutical and biotech support services covering consulting, training, auditing and regulatory guidance for the pharmaceutical industry. These services are delivered by some of the most knowledgeable experts in their fields. Our unique...
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews
Find out more about this Pharmaceutical Microbiology - QP Module course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
NSF Health Sciences have produced a number of journal articles that are released a number of times throughout the year. Here you can download some of the latest articles.