Did you know that babies can identify their mother's voice in the womb? Have you ever wondered why babies smile at peek-a-boo?
You can study the minds, development and behaviour of children in this detailed home study course.
Child psychology skills can be used in many different jobs in the child care or teaching sector.Study from home, at your own pace
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework is delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple. Achieve your dream career and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!Overview
This home study course has been designed for those wishing to understand children's psychology.Who is it for?
Those wishing to understand children's psychology, for careers such as teaching, nursery management, child care and counselling.Career path
As this is a theoretical subject there is no specific career path; however, this course is relevant to a number of careers that require knowledge of children's psychology.Here's why you should learn with Open Study College
- Over 30,000 students improved their skills with us
- Trusted qualifications
- Study from home, at your own pace
- Full support from your tutor
- Easy to understand course materials
Unit 1: Defining Child Psychology
- How can we define childhood?
- Historical perspectives of childhood
- Emergence of psychology
- Psychoanalytical perspective
- Classical conditioning
- Changing behaviour
- The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Child psychology tools
Unit 2: Forming Relationships in Childhood
- Nature/nurture debate
- Bowlby's theory
- Innate programming
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- The childs first relationship
Unit 3: Perception, Cognition and Language
- Understanding language
- Cognitive structure and input
- Plurals, syntax and grammar
- The relevance of language to child psychology
- Vision and cognitive development
- Hearing and cognitive development
Unit 4: Emotional, Social and Moral Development
- Social learning theory
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg's perspective
- Eisenberg's perspective
- Emotion and morality
- Temperament and emotional development
Module 5: Children's Minds
- Memory and memory processes
- Short and long term memory
- Models of memory
- Prenatal memory and learning
- From memory to mental activity
- The organisation of children's minds
- How children view others in their world
- How does all this relate to child psychology?
Unit 6: Moving Towards Adulthood
- Having a sense of gender
Why choose Open Study College
Trusted by over 90,000 students
Study from home, at your own pace
Discounts on selected courses
Pay Now: GBP 379.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 71.85 with a deposit of GBP
47.90 totalling 479
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
If you want to up-skill, change career or study to fuel a hobby, explore distance learning with Open Study College. You can study anywhere, your sofa, your garden, or even the local park, with a personal tutor on hand to guide you throughout.
With over 650 courses, from A Levels to accountancy, animal care to beauty therapy, join over 90,000 learners and get an accredited qualification today.
Open Study College - the distance learning experts
At Open Study College we have helped more than 90,000 students over the last 13 years to enrol on courses that have helped them to achieve their goals. Offering over 650 courses ranging from childcare to beauty therapy, we have...
Find out more about this Child Psychology Level 3 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses