This course enables students to gain a comprehensive understanding of the skills, knowledge, theory and core competencies required in counselling.Course Content
Unit 1: Key Aspects of Counselling
- Who becomes a counsellor?
- Counselling theory and skills
- Problems with directed advice
- Why do people seek counselling?
- Counselling types and settings
- Training and knowledge development
Unit 2: Counselling Skills and Approaches
- Structure of counselling
- The main theoretical approaches
- Counselling skills and core competencies
- Ending the counselling relationship
Unit 3: The Counselling Relationship
- The counselling relationship
- The counselling contract
- Dealing with clients in crisis
Unit 4: Psychodynamic Counselling
- How theory evolved
- Object relations and ego psychology
- Bringing it all together
Unit 5: Humanistic Counselling
- Rogers and the person-centred approach
- The existential approach
Unit 6: Behavioural approaches
- Theoretical perspectives
- Behaviour and learning
- The ABC model
- Defining irrational beliefs
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- The triadic structure of CBT
- CBT Assessment
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding
- Practical skills
Pay Now: GBP 349.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 67.35 with a deposit of GBP
44.90 totalling 449
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!