For students considering a career as a counsellor, this course will give you the knowledge and skills to pursue a voluntary placement and further training.Course Content
Unit 1: Introduction to Counselling
- Counselling in context
- The TRACTICS Model
- So what is Counselling?
- Helping with self-reflection
- Developing self-awareness
Unit 2: Transactional Analysis
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- The three states
- Taking control of the Parent and Child
Unit 3: Personality and Counselling
- What is personality?
- MBTI elements of personality
- Introversion and extraversion
- Sensing and intuition
- Thinking and feeling
- Trying to be someone else
Unit 4: Character and Counselling
- What is character
- Four key drivers of character
- Inner conflict
- Resolving inner conflict
- Life events and their impact on character
- The character compass
- Guardians, Adventurers, Warriors and Sages
- Some typical issues about character
Unit 5: Emotional Intelligence and Counselling
- Five domains of emotional intelligence
- Self awareness
- The influence of emotions on judgements
- Managing emotions
- Motivating yourself
- Empathy for others
- Social skill
Unit 6: Counselling in Practice
- You as a counsellor
- Acting with integrity
- Getting to know the client
- Challenge and support
- Ask, dont tell
- The counselling journey
Pay Now: GBP 379.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 71.85 with a deposit of GBP
47.90 totalling 479
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!