Develop your knowledge of mental health and social care, with this fascinating and in-depth course!Course Content
Unit 1:Understanding Social Care and Mental Health
- Models of mental health
- History and attitudes of treatment of mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
- Social workers
Unit 2:Types of Mental Health Disorder and Assessment Processes
- Mental health conditions
- The diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorders
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
Unit 3:Legislation and Policy in Mental Health and Social Care
- Mental health legislation
- Amendments to the Mental Health Act 1983 in 2007
- Care and control
Unit 4:Service Provision
- The economy
- The role of the social worker
Unit 5:Managing Mental Health Problems
- Physical treatments
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Complementary therapy
Unit 6:Service User Perspectives
- The service user 'survivor' movement
- Advocacy services for people with mental health problems
- Carers and involvement
- Volunteers in mental health
Pay Now: GBP 379.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 71.85 with a deposit of GBP
47.90 totalling 479
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!