Ideal for students wishing to gain a more detailed knowledge of working in Social Care with Families. Study completely from home!Course Content
Unit 1: Children and Childhood
- Defining childhood
- Family systems
- The needs and rights of children
Unit 2: Supporting Families
- Defining support
- Examining current children's acts
- How support works in practice
- The need assessment framework
Unit 3: Attachment, Separation and Cared-for Children
- Bowlby's theory
- Disruption of attachment (Maternal deprivation hypothesis)
- Corporate parenting
- Types of care - Fostering, adoption and residential care
Unit 4: Child Abuse and Child Protection
- Defining abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Protecting children
- Child protection preparation
- The Cleveland Report
Unit 5: Assessment and Planning
- Assessment starting points
- Common assessment framework (CAF)
Unit 6: Legal Responsibilities, Processes and Procedures
- What is family law?
- The Children and Family Court Advisory Service (CAFCASS)
- The Family Proceedings Court (FPC)
- Roles of court personnel
- Court reports and evidence
- Skills related to court procedures
Pay Now: GBP 379.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 71.85 with a deposit of GBP
47.90 totalling 479
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!