During this Stress Management in the Workplace QLS Level 3 course, you will explore what causes stress in the workplace, how workplace stress affects different people in different ways, a range of conflict-handling methods, and much more. With full tutor support available and no deadlines or timetabling to contend with; learning a new skill has never been easier. You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be sent via post or email, so handing in an assignment is simple. Home learning is a convenient way to boost your skills so enrol with us today and join the [past_students_count] people who have improved their career prospects by studying with us. What next? Following the successful completion of this course, you will be able to put your newfound knowledge into practice and develop your career. If after, you're looking to enhance your knowledge even further, take a look at the other management and leadership courses we offer. Potential future job titles:
- Visual merchandiser
- Store manager
- Assistant store manager
- Inventory control specialists
Unit 1 Stress in the workplace: what causes it and what it does to people
- Explain what causes stress in the workplace.
- Define the relationship between pressure and stress in the workplace.
- Understand the various ways workplace stress affects people.
- Identify and differentiate between common stressors and stressors that affect only some people.
Unit 2 How stress affects different people in different ways
- Define differences in people’s personalities.
- Explain how workplace stress affects different people in different ways.
- Demonstrate how different people change their behaviour when experiencing increasing levels of stress.
- Describe the relationships between values, character, organisational culture and stress in the workplace.
Unit 3 Learning how to deal with your own stress
- Identify tactics for dealing with stress in the workplace as it happens.
- Plan how to develop oneself to reduce the likelihood of experiencing stress in the workplace.
- Understand how emotional intelligence helps reduce stress in the workplace.
- Identify and deal with any factors in his or her job role that may lead to stress.
Unit 4 Workplace relationships and how to make them less stressful
- Define and explain the links between workplace stress, conflict and organisational politics.
- Make use of a range of conflict-handling methods.
- Understand the relationship between workplace stress and his or her leadership style and capabilities.
- Maximise the potential benefits of positive relationships in the workplace.
Unit 5 Managing stress - the role of the manager
- Understand why managers need to get to know employees as individuals so that they can work together to minimise the potential for stress in the workplace.
- Set appropriate behavioural expectations that will minimise stress amongst employees.
- Give effective feedback that reduces the possibility of employee stress due to uncertainty.
- Find ways of tapping into employees’ own motivations to maximise job satisfaction, thereby reducing stress.
Unit 6 Stress and the organisation - responsibilities and strategies for dealing with workplace stress
- Describe the responsibilities organisations have towards their employees with regard to minimising stress in the workplace.
- Explain the links between an organisation’s values and stress management in the workplace.
- Explain how training and development can help reduce stress in the workplace.
- Promote the benefits to organisations of ensuring that workplace stress is kept to the absolute minimum.
Why choose Open Study College
Trusted by over 110,000 students
Study from home, at your own pace
Discounts on selected courses
Pay Now: GBP 429.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 79.35 with a deposit of GBP
52.90 totalling 529