AVO, Inversion, and Attributes: Principles and Applications - AVO
The subject of direct hydrocarbon indicators and AVO has rapidly expanded to include AVO inversion, offset AVO inversion, and 4D AVO inversion. A significant part of the course deals with rock physics as it relates to the other topics in the course. Further insight into the seismic data is supplied by looking at seismic attributes. The technology has provided the interpreter with a very new and exciting package of tools that allow us to look at the seismic image as being truly representative of both the rock properties and the pore filling material. This course is intended to provide the users with a clear and useable understanding of the current state of these technologies. The focus of the course is on both understanding and application. Each topic in the course outline is reinforced by an exercise that gives the participants many practical and simple methods of integrating the course material into their everyday work.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Training Course Content
- Seismic fundamentals as they relate to defining the appearance of hydrocarbons in the data
- An inventory of direct hydrocarbon indicators, including AVO
- Risk rating prospects that display AVO anomalies
- Understanding rock properties and the effect of pore filling material
- AVO and how it relates to the typical production zones around the world with various ages and depths of burial
- Various methods of displaying AVO effects in the seismic data
- Acquisition and processing considerations to display hydrocarbons as a pore filling material
- Various approaches to seismic modeling and fluid replacement
- Rock properties and pore filling material from seismic inversion
- Spectral decomposition and seismic attributes as other ways of extracting reservoir information from the seismic image
- Methods of combining attributes as they relate to prospectivity
PetroSkills was founded in 2001 as an alliance between BP, Shell and OGCI, aiming to accomplish a mission of vital importance for the future of the Oil & Gas industry. PetroSkills provide high quality professional training and courses that are...
Average rating 4.4Based on 9 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!