Gas Lift Fundamentals
This skill module describes when best to use gas lift, run inflow performance analysis sensitivity cases, and select optimum tubing size to achieve production rate targets in wells in conventional and unconventional resources plays. It describes the gas lift theory, equipment and covers the best practices of gas lift design, surveillance and optimization.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Petroleum engineers, production operations staff, reservoir engineers, facilities staff, drilling and completion engineers, geologists, field supervisors and managers, field technicians, service company engineers and managers, and especially engineers starting a work assignment in production engineering and operations or other engineers seeking a well-rounded foundation in artificial lift design and operations.
Training Course Content
- Explain situations when gas lift is appropriate
- Calculate the production rate and the flowing bottom-hole pressure from inflow performance analysis in a well completed with a gas lift system
- Calculate the gas lift rate and pressure required to produce the well at a stable flow for various tubing sizes
- Select the appropriate tubing size for a well to be completed with a gas lift system
- Calculate the production rate and flowing bottom-hole pressure using widely accepted techniques applicable to unconventional resources wells completed with a gas lift system
- Design a gas lift installation with the required number of unloading mandrels, charge pressure, and orifice size lift valves at the appropriate spacing based on available gas lift pressure and required lift rate for conventional and unconventional resources
- Operate, troubleshoot and optimize gas lifted wells and network systems
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e- Learning; all of which is directed and...
Find out more about this Gas Lift Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.