Surface Water Management in Unconventional Resource Plays - In-house training by PetroSkills
This course can be conducted on site at your location exclusively for your staff. Water management in unconventional resource plays has become a critical topic to the oil and gas industry in the last decade. In order to establish and implement an optimized water management plan for hydraulic fracturing operations, operators and service companies need an understanding of a broad array of subjects, including water chemistry, systems modeling, water treatment technology, the regulatory landscape, and best practices for field operations. This course first establishes a foundation of knowledge regarding water awareness, water chemistry, fluid dynamics, and water analysis tools. Upon this foundation the course will build a model for optimizing water management in support of hydraulic fracturing operations, providing reviews of best practices and the latest industry technology, while always considering key stakeholders. This course is designed for the practitioner
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Design and implement a water management plan for an unconventional resource play
- Assess the regional hydrological cycle in the operational area
- Adopt emerging best practices regarding water management
- Establish a water sampling and analysis program
- Design and run a water treatment technology pilot test
- Find the lowest cost solution for sourcing fluid for hydraulic fracturing operations
- Select a water treatment technology for a project
- Manage the primary service/equipment providers critical to water management
- Establish basic water quality requirements necessary for frac fluid
- Build a water management plan that complies with regulations
- Build a water management cost model to use as a tool to optimize a water management plan
Training Course Content
This in-house training programme can be customised to meet your specific requirements. It typically covers:
- Global water awareness and the oil and gas industry's impact
- Flowback and produced fluid
- Basic water chemistry focused on oilfield concerns
- Water quality considerations for hydraulic fracturing operations
- Water sampling and analysis, in the field and in the lab
- Water treatment for reuse and recycling programs
- Acquisition, storage, transportation, disposal, and treatment of water
- Holistic field water management
- Regulations applicable to water management
- Water management system cost modeling
PetroSkills was founded in 2001 as an alliance between BP, Shell and OGCI, aiming to accomplish a mission of vital importance for the future of the Oil & Gas industry. PetroSkills provide high quality professional training and courses that are...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.