Fireworks CS5 FundamentalsPitman Training Group
Fireworks Fundamentals - Pitman Training Group
Through this course, participants will learn the fundamentals of Fireworks CS5 and develop the key skills needed to create expressive, highly optimised graphics for the web, smart phones and embedded displays.
The highly practical course will guide participants through the core skills and processes step by step, including:
- Creating user interfaces, websites and rich prototypes - editable by vector and bitmap models
- Planning the navigation and user journey
- Creating wireframes using Fireworks templates
- How to add text, symbols, and imagery with the robust vector and bitmap toolset
- Adding pages and customising them quickly and efficiently with Smart Guides
The course will enable participants to progress towards careers in web development and design, app/mobile app development, or graphic design within web development.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for individuals aspiring to work as a web designer, or existing professionals looking to enhance and progress within their careers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will be awarded 20 CPD points upon successful completion of this course.
Training Course Content
The course is made up of two sessions:
- Section A: Introduction to Fireworks. Launching Fireworks, Working with Panels, Common Panels, Opening and Saving Files, Creating Files, Rulers, Guides, and Grids
- Section B: Vector Shapes and Fills. Creating Shapes, Gradient Fill, Pattern Fill, Fill Edges, Compound Shapes
- Section C: Vector Paths. Line Tool, Pen Tool, Creating Curves, Modifying Shapes, Freeform Tool, Vector Path Tool, Redraw Path Tool
- Section D: Bitmap Graphics. Pencil Tool, Brush Tool, Eraser Tool, Marquee Tool, Lasso Tool, Magic Wand Tool, Red Eye Removal, Burn Tool, Dodge Tool, Rubber Stamp Tool
- Section E: Working with Text. Creating Text, Formatting Text, Leading and Tracking, Formatting Characters, Importing Text, Editing Imported Text, Combining Paths, Attaching Text
- Section F: Working with Layers. Creating Layers, Duplicating Layers, Removing Layers, Organizing Layers, Exporting Layers, Web Layer, Creating Hotspots
- Section G: Symbols. Creating Symbols, Common Library, Symbol Edit Mode, Button Symbols, Editing Buttons, Button States, Previewing States, Animating Symbols, Setting State Delays, Component Symbols
- Section A: Templates. Page Templates, Flash Templates, Web and Mobile Templates, Applying Templates
- Section B: Saving as a GIF. Size vs. Quality, GIF, Optimizing GIFs, GIF Color Palettes, Colors, Dither and Transparency, Interlacing
- Section C: Saving as a JPEG. JPEG, Optimizing JPEGs, JPEG Smoothing, Selective Quality
- Section D: Saving as a PNG. Web PNG, Optimizing PNGs, PNG 32, PNG 24 vs. PNG 8
- Section E: Slicing. Creating Slices, Editing Slices, Polygon Slice, HTML Slice, Slice Properties, Optimizing Slices
- Section F: Prototyping. Creating a Master Page, Adding Pages, Sharing Layers, Adding Images, Creating CSS Layouts, Adding Elements, Organizing Elements
- Section G: Integration, Exporting Images, Exporting HTML, Viewing in Dreamweaver, Exporting CSS, Exporting for Flash, FXG Export, Adobe Device Central, Creating a Profile
* Please note that Vendor specific exams may need to be organised separately
Contact Pitman Training for pricing information.
Pitman Training offers a unique combination of benefits to students, giving them a training experience that will boost confidence and enhance skills, whether you are interested in secretarial, Microsoft Office, keyboard skills, book-keeping and accounts or IT training. Sir Isaac Pitman...
Find out more about this Fireworks CS5 Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!