Teeline ProfessionalPitman Training Group
Teeline Professional Training Course
This course from Pitman Training is designed to give participants a good level of shorthand, which is still an essential skill in journalism and administration. Starting with the basics, participants will build their skills and speed through fourteen lessons where they will be able to reach up to 80 words per minute.
This course is offered in a flexible format and can be studied in your own study pattern. Course advisors will be present during the course to offer help and guidance and to ensure that the training fits into existing commitments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed to teach Teeline shorthand to those who may find this skill of use in their role, EA or Journalist for example. You will learn up to 80wpm.
Training Course Content
This is a comprehensive shorthand course with fourteen lessons in total:
- The Teeline Alphabet from A to M
- The Teeline Alphabet from N to Z
- Join letters, T, D and F, punctuation marks, short sentences
- Joining S, word endings, soft C
- Downward and upward short L, special use of L, joining the letter B to letters, G and N, joining the letter J with B, C and K, outlines with R followed by M
- More common word outlines, writing outlines for words beginning WH, grouping words together to form one outline, transcribing a short passage from dictation.
- The use of vowels, more vocabulary using vowels
- Outlines to represent double vowels, vowel indicators for word endings, simple word groupings
- Blend letters, lengthening L, M and W to add R, extending the use of R, writing further special outlines
- Words ending with –TION, more blends, common word groupings
- Words using the CM, CN and CNV blends, outlines for words ending –NCE, additional special outlines
- Shortened outlines for word beginnings, more special outlines and word groupings
- Using full vowels to form word endings, abbreviations for different word endings, Teeline outlines for figures and dates, days of the week and months of the year
- Further vocabulary, more simple and common words, additional word groupings, consolidation.
Once you have learnt shorthand theory, you will then be able to build your speed with access to dictation material between 40 to 80 wpm, key shorthand outlines, exercises, quizzes and crosswords and keys to transcribed passages.
Contact Pitman Training for more information and pricing information.
Pitman Training Group - IT, Microsoft Office and Secretarial Courses and Diplomas
Pitman Training offers a unique combination of benefits to students, giving them a training experience that will boost confidence and enhance skills, whether you are interested in secretarial, Microsoft Office, keyboard skills, book-keeping and accounts or IT training. Sir Isaac Pitman...
Find out more about this Teeline Professional course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!