Understanding Business AccountsPitman Training Group
Understanding Business Accounts Course
This short 12-hour course in Understanding Accounts is ideal for those who require a working understanding of accounts and bookkeeping without investing in a long term education in accountancy. This self-paced course will provide individuals with a comprehensive introduction to accountancy terms and techniques for interpreting financial statements.
The learning outcome for this course is to help you how to read and interpret accounts in 5 key lessons covering:
- Lesson One:Fixed and current assets, debtors and creditors, the accounting equation. capital and reserves, the purpose and layout of a balance sheet
- Lesson Two:The purpose of a profit and loss account, the importance of stock-taking, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure.
- Lesson Three:Accruals, provisions, prepayments, the role of capital and reserves.
- Lesson Four:The importance of the profit and loss account, calculating profit at various levels.
- Lesson Five:The meaning of profit margins, making comparisons on financial statements, analysing a profit and loss account.
At the end of the course, you’ll take an exam leading to a valued Pitman Training certificate and this course also covers part of the syllabus for the ITEC Business Competence Level 3 unit.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Understanding Accounts course is designed for those who would like an introductory understanding of accounts and bookkeeping. Individuals who are self-employed as well as non-financial manages may find this course to be particularly useful.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion, delegates of this course will be awarded a nationally recognised Pitman Training certificate.
Pitman Training offers a unique combination of benefits to students, giving them a training experience that will boost confidence and enhance skills, whether you are interested in secretarial, Microsoft Office, keyboard skills, book-keeping and accounts or IT training. Sir Isaac Pitman...
Find out more about this Understanding Business Accounts course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!