A three-day intensive course (with exam on the morning of the fourth day) delivering an introduction to the world of wines and spirits. This course is designed for those with a keen interest in wine and other beverages, who wish to gain employment in drinks- related industries.
- How to taste wine;
- The key grape varieties of the world; Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Grenache;
- Other notable white and black varieties;
- Wine law and understanding the label;
- The principles of viticulture and winemaking;
- Sparkling and fortified wines;
Suitability - Who should attend?
Entry requirements are students' minimum age of 18. A note pad and pen will be required for the course. Photographic identification will be required for the exam.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Professional or Industry specific qualification
Plumpton College - Apprenticeship Training
Plumpton College is a specialist land-based College offering outstanding indoor and outdoor facilities at our main 800-hectare site plus our other superb Out Centres. You'll be able to develop your skills and knowledge at our inspirational sites. Offering a variety...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!