A Beginner's Guide to Agrochemical Formulation Strategies Online Academy
Agrochemicals are essential to the agricultural sector as they ensure farmers achieve healthy crop yields. Traditionally pesticides are chemical in nature, formulated by chemists in a laboratory and sprayed by the farmer onto the crop in the field. As formulation technology has advanced so too have the many different types of agrochemical formulations, especially as the trend for greener formulations intensifies. As a professional working in the sector it is vital to understand the formulation types , how they are developed and manufactured, the regulations that govern them and green formulations.
Designed for professionals who are new to agrochemical formulations or who require a basic working knowledge of the industry, this introductory 8 module course will provide you with the essential building blocks of your formulation career. Led by an industry expert you will progress through the course with fellow students as you would in a classroom, but with the flexibility of studying online meaning you can join from anywhere in the world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to gain a broad overview of trends and procedures in agrochemical formulations including:
- Those new to agrochemical formulation or wishing to update their knowledge on formulation strategies
- Those moving into formulation from other areas within agrochemicals
- Those in other areas of the agrochemical industry such as Regulatory Affairs, Research & Development and Ecotoxicology
- Manufacturing who would find knowledge of formulation strategies useful for their role
Training Course Content
Course Content Summary
- Module 1: Introduction to agrochemical formulations
- Module 2: Green formulations
- Module 3: Regulation of formulated plant protection products
- Module 4: The agrochemical development process
- Module 5: Biopesticides
- Module 6: Reformulation
- Module 7: Scale-up, stability and manufacturing processes
- Module 8: Adjuvants and application methods
During this 4-week online course you will:
- Understand how to develop a formulation and provide the supporting data needed for submissions
- Evaluate the impact of changed EU regulations
- Get to grips with “newer” formulation types
- Assess the driving force behind greener formulations, explore the different forms of biopesticides and assess their challenges to the formulator
- Get an overview of analytical and test methods used to support the stated claims of the formulation
- Study key considerations for scale up & manufacturing
- Investigate the various application types and their impact on formulation choice
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this A Beginner's Guide to Agrochemical Formulation Strategies Online Academy course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!