A Beginner's Guide to Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
Do you understand the manufacturing process of biopharmaceuticals? Whether you are completely new to this industry or are branching out from small-molecule manufacturing, this 5-module course details all you need to know to understand the development of biological-medicines.
During this course you will be taken through the bioprocess and you will learn about the core components of upstream and downstream processing. You will also learn about quality control during this process to ensure efficacy and safety. You will become familiar in areas such as: protein engineering, cell culturing, protein isolation and purification and final filling.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new entrants to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry, or professionals moving across industries. Typical departments may include:
- Research & Development – both industrial and academic
- Process Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Quality Control
- Cell Biologists
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understand how biopharmaceuticals are produced on a large scale
- Familiarise yourself with the critical tools used in upstream and downstream processing including protein engineering, cell culturing and chromatography
- Understand how a bioreactor works to ensure product mass and purity
- Learn how analytical method development is used to ensure product quality
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction – What are biopharmaceuticals and how are they different to small molecules?
- Module 2: Upstream processing
- Module 3: The bioreactor
- Module 4: Downstream processing
- Module 5: GMP and quality control
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Find out more about this A Beginner's Guide to Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!