A Beginner's Guide to Continuous Processing for Biopharmaceuticals
Continuous manufacturing has served as a longstanding process in multiple industries and in recent years it has developed within the biotechnology sector. As companies seek to lower the capital and operational cost of the manufacturing process for their biological drug, adopting a continuous or semi-continuous train to process development has increased in popularity.
Although continuous manufacturing presents significant benefits such as increased productivity and reduction of human error, it is still a new concept which comes with a lot of tacit knowledge to be developed and questions to be answered.
Over the course of 5 weeks, the course will address questions and challenges in continuous manufacturing by providing a step-by-step guide on how to adopt a continuous process, complemented by real-life case study examples and an overview of the regulatory landscape.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals working in:
- Process Validation
- Process Engineering
- Technical and Operational control
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Equip yourself with a baseline understanding of the key definitions associated with developing a continuous process
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the regulatory and quality background relevant to continuous bioprocessing
- Follow a step-by-step guide on how to develop a continuous process, taking into account process design, integration and cost efficiency
- Fully comprehend the continuous filtration and ultrafiltration processes
- Understand first-hand how to operate a continuous process through a series of case studies
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction to Continuous Manufacturing
- Module 2: Regulatory and Quality Background
- Module 3: How to Develop a Continuous Process
- Module 4: Case studies - Continuous process operations
- Module 5: Case studies - Continuous process operations part 2
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Find out more about this A Beginner's Guide to Continuous Processing for Biopharmaceuticals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!