Fundamentals of EU Regulations for Medical Devices
Are you ready for the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR)?
Published on May 5th 2017, the final text of the Medical Devices Regulation constituted major changes for the industry. This flexible online course offers students an excellent opportunity to understand the basics of the entire medical device product lifecycle in the context of these updates.
This course will allow you to engage with a leading expert in the field and come to grips with regulatory affairs, quality management systems, risk management, clinical evaluation requirements and general compliance aspects of medical devices.
The new MDR necessitates a degree of transformation for medical devices manufacturers, importers and distributors, including changes to classification and safety and performance requirements for proving compliance, among others. Designed for those new to medical devices, or needing a broad overview of the changes resulting from the MDR, this course will cover a variety of major topics to give an excellent understanding of the area.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals who work in the medical device regulatory industry who need to understand the changes in the EU law. Particular areas may include:
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Device Development
- Clinical Investigations
- Chief Operating Officer – Doctors & Nurses etc.
- Adverse Events Reporting
- Research & Development
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Grasp the changes that the medical device industry needs to facilitate to remain compliant with the new regulations
- Understand how to submit your documentation to ensure your device is in line with the updated general safety and performance requirements
- Familiarise yourself with the stringent clinical evidence requirements and vigilance reporting
- Learn to classify your device under the new guidelines
- Understand the post-market and surveillance requirements
- Become familiar with the good practices for clinical investigations and evaluations reporting detailed in ISO 14155
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction to Medical Devices and the New MDR and IVDR
- Module 2: Borderlines and classification
- Module 3: General safety and performance requirements
- Module 4: Clinical evaluations and investigations
- Module 5: Risk assessment and management
- Module 6: Technical documentation
- Module 7: Quality Management System
- Module 8: Conformity assessment routes
- Module 9: PMS and vigilance
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Find out more about this Fundamentals of EU Regulations for Medical Devices course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!