Fundamentals of Pharmacokinetics for the Non-Specialist
Pharmacokinetics is an important discipline, imperative to the development of new medicines. With no prior knowledge assumed, this six-module course will familiarise you with the core aspects of pharmacokinetics. You will learn important definitions, how to analyse pharmacokinetic data, the relationship between pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, drug-drug interactions and regulatory requirements. On top of this, you will be able to consolidate your knowledge with two case studies, both detailing practical uses of pharmacokinetics.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who comes into contact with PK/PD data but does not require specialist knowledge in the field. No previous knowledge of PK/ PD is assumed.
Relevant Departments include:
- Research & Development
- Preclinical Development
- Licensing & Business Development
- Clinical Operations
- Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Pharmacology
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Familiarise yourself with the key principles of Pharmacokinetics, including: absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion.
- Understand how to present Pharmacokinetic results to the regulators
- Consolidate your knowledge with case studies and understand the relevance of Pharmacokinetics in practice
- Address the fundamental areas of PK, including definitions, data analysis and regulatory expectations.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Pharmacokinetics
- Module 2: Pharmacokinetic Analysis
- Module 3: Drug-Drug Interactions
- Module 4: Regulatory Guidelines
- Module 5: PK/PD Studies
- Module 6: Pharmacokinetics of Biologics & Population Pharmacokinetics
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Fundamentals of Pharmacokinetics for the Non-Specialist course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!