Advanced Listening Skills
PTP has introduced a new product called Face-to-Face Live. This is where the delegate can log on from anywhere and attend a live training session. Delegates can either join our public course dates (limited to a maximum of 10) or you can arrange a 1-2-1 or a session just for a group of your colleagues even if they are all working from home.
There are many reasons why people struggle to listen effectively. These include: Believing that the only way to put their point across is to talk more and increase the volume! Lacking the ability to concentrate. An inability to let go of a specific point and spending most of their time thinking about what they want to say rather than listen to the speaker. This one-day course addresses all of these and provides you with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to become a skilled listener.
This Advanced Listening Skills training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
6 December, 2023
- Self-Paced Online
18 December, 2023
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Identification of any self imposed barriers to active listening
- How to instantly develop rapport with anyone to lay the foundation for listening
- How to adjust physiology to adopt the most effective listening posture
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 11:15 How Good Are You at Listening? (The ten main reasons why people generally are poor at listening How good are you at listening - a diagnostic exercise to reveal how good a listener you are and why you may not always pay your full attention to the speaker.)
- 11:15 - 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30 - 12:45 The Magic of Rapport (Three techniques to instantly develop rapport with just about anyone at any time in any place!)
- 12:45 - 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 - 14:30 The Power of Questions (A questioning framework designed to elicit the TRUE meaning of the message being received from the speaker in terms of content and context.)
- 14:30 - 15:15 Behaviour Analysis (BA) (How to identify, analyse and use behaviours that demonstrate effective and ineffective listening including: Clarifying questions Probing questions Summarising Labelling behaviour)
- 15:15 - 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30 - 16:30 Advanced Listening Techniques (Words and phrases to avoid at all costs. Techniques, words & phrases for disarming the potential for conflict.)
- 16:30 - 16:45 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
To join our full day public course offering is just £280+ VAT per delegate.
To have a 1-2-1 for half-a day is £350 + VAT.
To train two delegates in-house from the same organisation is £580 + VAT for a full day and additional delegates are charged at £100 + VAT each.
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...