Advanced Listening Skills
Advanced Listening Skills - PTP Training & Marketing
There are many reasons why people struggle to listen effectively. These include:
- Believing that the only way to put their point across is to talk more and increase the volume!
- Lacking the ability to concentrate.
- An inability to let go of a specific point and spending most of their time thinking about what they want to say rather than listen to the speaker.
This one-day course addresses all of these and provides you with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to become a skilled listener.
This Advanced Listening Skills training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Identification of any self imposed barriers to active listening
- How to instantly develop rapport with anyone to lay the foundation for listening
- How to adjust physiology to adopt the most effective listening posture
- Use of a questioning framework to elicit from just about anyone what they want and why they want it
- Identification and use of the key behaviours that demonstrate that you are actively listening
- How to quickly identify the emotional state of anyone you come into contact with and modify your behaviour in order to be perceived as empathising with the speaker
- How to recognise when a discussion is turning into a conflict and adopt a strategy to remove any unhelpful emotions out of the situation
Training Course Content
- Course Objectives
- How Good Are You at Listening? (The ten main reasons why people generally are poor at listening How good are you at listening - a diagnostic exercise to reveal how good a listener you are and why you may not always pay your full attention to the speaker.)
- The Magic of Rapport (Three techniques to instantly develop rapport with just about anyone at any time in any place!)
- The Power of Questions (A questioning framework designed to elicit the true meaning of the message being received from the speaker in terms of content and context.)
- Behaviour Analysis (BA) (How to identify, analyse and use behaviours that demonstrate effective and ineffective listening including:Clarifying questions Probing questions Summarising Labelling behaviour)
- Advanced Listening Techniques (Words and phrases to avoid at all costs. Techniques, words & phrases for disarming the potential for conflict.)
- Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Provider: PTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Read more and show all courses with Provider: PTP Training & Marketing Ltd
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Request information - obligation free
Reviews by course attendees