Assertiveness & Building Personal Confidence
PTP has introduced a new product called Face-to-Face Live. This is where the delegate can log on from anywhere and attend a live training session. Delegates can either join our public course dates (limited to a maximum of 10) or you can arrange a 1-2-1 or a session just for a group of your colleagues even if they are all working from home.
Assertiveness Training – This assertiveness and building personal confidence programme helps Participants understand why it is sometimes hard to refuse demands and aims to build the skills necessary for behaving assertively in a practical manner. Assertiveness training courses help people develop the required skill set.
This personal development training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Develop confidence in the use of assertiveness skills
- Understand different behaviour patterns and the reasons they arise
- Understand the need for negotiation and persuasion in the workplace
Training Course Content
- 09.30 - 09.45 Coffee and Course Objectives
- 09:45 - 10:00 Defining Assertiveness (What is assertiveness? Why is assertiveness essential to business success? How we influence and how this affects our role in the company.)
- 10:00 - 11:15 Understanding Behaviour (Look at behaviour patterns that can throw us off balance. Wanting to succeed, but unable to achieve results; denials and delusions; dealing with challenge to authority and aggression; dealing with difficult people and poor performance.)
- 11:30 - 13:00 Obtaining Results; Developing Inter-Personal Skills (Practice overcoming barriers through role plays. Dealing with difficult situations.)
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Negotiating and Persuading (Understanding the clients needs, both internal and external. What are the motivators and drivers for their demands or requests? How can I champion my requests over theirs?)
- 15:00 - 16:30 Practice Makes Perfect; Building Confidence in Assertiveness Skills (Participants develop assertiveness skills through further role plays, including negotiation and persuasive techniques.)
- 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.9
Never thought I would enjoy the course but found it enlightening & motivational. Thank-you!
This has been a great course for me as this course has given me confidence to work within my role.
Really excellent course.
To join our full day public course offering is just £280+ VAT per delegate.
To have a 1-2-1 for half-a day is £350 + VAT.
To train two delegates in-house from the same organisation is £580 + VAT for a full day and additional delegates are charged at £100 + VAT each.
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...