First Line Manager Skills
First Line Managers in an organisation have often been promoted within from a technical or specialist job or have come in from another organisation.
In both cases there will be many new skills to learn and this course will enable you to become more focussed on the objectives of the organisation, develop clear and analytical thinking and become more proactive in a leadership role.
The course looks at the key elements of management – planning, organising, people management and resources control.& Emphasis throughout is on positive thinking and taking the team forward.
Also in the day are included personal planning, effective team building, decision taking, delegation, communication skills and motivating people.
This First Line Manager Skills course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
7 December, 2023
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- An opportunity to gain, or re-visit, supervisory management skills and build on these to produce better results
- An understanding of the importance of planning
- An ability to use teams to full advantage
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 10:30 The Supervisory Process (Identifying the main aspects of a managers role and starting the proactive process)
- 10:30 - 11:30 The Importance of Planning (Turning the vision and mission into practical objectives for your team)
- 11:30 - 12:45 Organising to Achieve (Getting things done in the most effective and efficient ways. Using teams to full advantage)
- 12:45 - 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 - 15:00 Communicating the Message (Listening skills and using the right language; taking the initiative and being motivational)
- 15:00 - 16:30 Taking Control (Introducing and using measurements; preventing and solving problems)
- 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...