Introduction to Facilitation Skills - PTP Training & Marketing - In-house Training
Inevitably, in any organisation occasions arise where the method by which consensus can be achieved is not always obvious. Also, there will be occasions when it is critical to gain the buy-in of key people to a plan of action. Facilitation is increasingly becoming a required skill of the modern manager who wishes to generate consensus within his team and professionals in support roles who do not have executive authority and need to use facilitation as a means to engage, enroll and enthuse people to adopt a change in working practices.
The course is delivered in true action learning fashion where the participants spend time facilitating each other to discover and practice the skills. Feedback from both the tutor and fellow participants will ensure the participants derive the greatest value.
This Introduction to Facilitation Skills course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understanding of what a facilitator does and crucially what they dont do
- The use of the P.O.P. (purpose, outcome, process) to design an event that will lead a group through to a successful outcome
- Handling group dynamics and deal with challenges, resistance and disruption
- The 3 skills of any accomplished facilitator: Choosing appropriate activities to engage the participants; Leading and managing the group; and Maintaining pace, energy and momentum
- Learning to brainstorm the right way - 3 of the most efficient ways to generate ideas, consensus and conclusions
- The Facilitators route map - a step-by-step guide for setting up, marketing, designing and conducting a dynamic event
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Facilitation Skills - In-house Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!