Management Skills - How to Survive and Thrive
This course is designed to support participants who wish to protect their business during periods of uncertainty caused by recession. In difficult times many people lose sight of their core objectives and potentially talk themselves into recession. The real challenge is to optimise the use of major assets (people) colleagues, employees, suppliers, customers and all other contacts. The day will examine how to get the most out of others to ensure all opportunities are maximised and all risks are minimised. It will also review the importance of working towards strategic objectives and how they should be aligned to the needs of the business.
This Management Skills - How to Survive and Thrive course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
7 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- An opportunity to try out fresh ideas by taking a creative approach to routine situations
- Recognition of essential internal and external contacts
- How to use feedback to produce accurate evaluation and continuous improvement.
- A chance to review objectives and potential strategic changes
- How to motivate individuals to take greater ownership and responsibility for their role and actions
- Develop an understanding of what causes stress and how to handle/minimise it
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 9:45 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 09:45 - 10:15 Thinking Creatively
- How to take a creative approach to thinking and problem solving. Understanding the models and tools available to help you.
- 10:15 - 11:00 Managing Stakeholders/Networks
- How to identify your key primary and secondary stakeholders. This section will give you key tips on how to network successfully and receive the benefits.
- 11.00 - 11.15 Break
- 11:15 - 12:00 Feedback
- How to improve& your use of one of the most effective communication skills and gain continuous improvements& by using the EEC model.
- 12:00 - 12:45 Strategic Objectives
- A chance to understand what is strategic and what is not. Agreeing objectives that are SMARTER than SMART and shape direction for the future.
- 12:45 - 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 - 14:15 Vision
- A chance to explore one of the key skills used by effective leaders and how vision can be used as the key driver for business success.
- 14:15 - 14:45 Motivation
- How to gain commitment from colleagues, achieve positive results and create a ‘can do' culture.
- 14.45 - 15.00 Break
- 15:00 - 15:30 Ownership
- How to maximise the benefits of taling ownership for your actions and encouraging others to do the same.
- 15:30 - 16:00 Managing Stress
- A chance to identify the causes, recognise the physical symptoms and behavioural changes and how to manage them effectively.
- 16:00 - 16.30& Summary & Action Plans
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...